Carroll County has experienced a rise in heroin usage and gang violence. Every citizen, business, church, and school is concerned about its impact. The Chamber is pleased to host the Drug and Violence Awareness Expo.
When: Thursday, April 12, 2018 from 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Carroll County Agriculture Center
Danele Shipley Arena
706 Ag Center Drive, Westminster MD 21157
FREE Admission & Parking
- NEW THIS YEAR – The Expo is Offering a Continuing Education Credit Workshop for Social Workers, Professional Counselors and Therapists, nurses and all other disciplines.
The Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners certifies that this program meets the criteria for 2.5 Continuing Education Unit (Category 1) for social workers licensed in Maryland. This Continuing Education Program has also been approved by the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists for 2.5 Continuing Education Units (Category A) and a Certificate of Attendance for 2.5 Continuing Education Units for nurses and all other disciplines.
Check-in: 12:45-1:00 PM and the Workshop is from 1:00-4:00 PM in the Speakers Area.
Workshop Topic: “Trends in Addiction and Trauma” Including topics on childhood traumas and the effects on youth, current Opioid and other drug trends and Naloxone education.
Presenters will be:
1:15 PM – Mary Dee Oxen, School Counselor at North Carroll Middle School.
2:00 PM – Erin Fitzpatrick, Intelligence Research Specialist, Drug Enforcement Administration.
3:00 PM – Linda Auerback, Substance Abuse Prevention Supervisor, Carroll County Health Department.
Pre-registration required. Must be present for the entire workshop to receive credit. Registration Form
- Over 40 Vendors on hand with information on the programs and services they provide related to the Expo topics.
- Speakers in the Morning (Time, Speaker and Topic coming soon)
- Interactive Displays
- Crime Fighting Display: Mobile Crime Unit, Police Car, Crash Car, and talk with law enforcement officers
- SIDNE: Simulated Impaired Driving Experience
Expo sponsored by
Marcia Duffy Insurance Agency-State Farm, Priority Partners, Farmers & Merchants Bank, Miss Carroll’s Doll Study Club & United Way of Central MD.