The 2nd Annual CCPS Biz Challenge received 39 applications from students throughout Carroll County! Every public school in the county is represented, including the Carroll County Career and Technology Center. Check out a list of the applicants and a brief overview of their ideas at ccpsbizchallenge.com.
Each of the eight CCPS high schools, plus the CCCTC, will select a finalist to pitch at the April 29th live finale, held from 6-9pm at Winters Mill High School. The CCPS Biz Challenge Advisory Board will select one additional “wild card” finalist, chosen from the entire pool of applicants.
The Advisory Board is comprised of leaders from Carroll County organizations who are passionate about supporting entrepreneurship in our school. This year’s board includes:
- Mike McMullin, President of the Carroll County Chamber of Commerce
- Mike Gibble, Owner of Gibble Enterprises Holdings
- Terry Smack, Owner of Terry’s Tag & Title
- Marcia Duffy, Owner of Marcia Duffy Insurance Agency
- Julie Routzahn, Associate Professor of Economics and Business Administration at McDaniel College
The 10 finalists will be announced on Thursday March 19th – stayed tuned to find out who will be pitching their ideas LIVE for a chance to take home a $5,000 Startup Scholarship this spring!